Social Sciences Study Abroad Mentor
INTERNSHIP OPPORTUNITY: Social Sciences Study Abroad Peer Mentor Application 2019-2020 (CLOSED)
Gone abroad and loved your experience? Help others experience it too!
Applications for the 2019-2020 year CLOSED. Please check back in the future for updates.
Application Deadline: FRIDAY, APRIL 19, 2019 at 11:59PM (PDT)
Peer Mentors will enroll in a Soc Sci 199 course and may earn 2-4 units towards graduation.
- Advising - work closely with social sciences majors to identify abroad programs and mentor students through the application process
- Administrative - assist with record keeping of approved coursework
- Research - work with the Social Sciences Academic Advisors to gather data, analyze what prevents students from considering study abroad, and implement pathways to increase participation
- Outreach - promote abroad programs through informational sessions and creating materials
- Must be a student for the 2019 - 2020 academic year
- Declared major in the School of Social Sciences
- Returnee from a study abroad experience (EAP or IOP)
- Preference is given to candidates with a 3.0 overall GPA and above
- Regular office hours: Fall 2019 - Spring 2020
- Average 5 hours per week (some evenings)
APPLY HERE: Online Application CLOSED.
For any questions, please email Academic Advisor, Katrina Tomas at email@example.com